« Home | Slumber » | A Noise Supreme » | Arcade » | Milkbar Stereo » | Pharmakon » | Gingee » | Echo » | It seems I've been playing a lot of bass lately... » | Live From The Garage II - 12/15/06 » | DSI » 

Glass Horse

Glass Horse is a band that was formed in late January 2010. The project was inspired by the web site www.rpmchallenge.com. Their challenge is to “record an album in 28 days, just because you can. That’s 10 songs or 35 minutes of original material recorded during the month of February…”.

I decided to propose this idea to some of my students. The lineup became Mike on guitar, Zander on bass, my friend Jay on drums and Zander's friend Natasha became our singer. My other goal for this project was for the music to be created and recorded by five musicians sitting in a room and playing together. The result was these eight songs, totaling 37 minutes of music. For me, it was an amazing learning experience and I am really happy with the results. The band plans on writing some new material in the near future and possibly playing live.