« Home | A Noise Supreme » | Arcade » | Milkbar Stereo » | Pharmakon » | Gingee » | Echo » | It seems I've been playing a lot of bass lately... » | Live From The Garage II - 12/15/06 » | DSI » | Sophie Young » 

Slumber

I met David Kristian through my friend Denis in 1988. He was and still is heavily into electronic, experimental, improv based music. He is definitely the most creative person I've ever worked with. We began recording under the name Slumber. Working with David really pushed me to experiment with guitar sounds and textures more than I ever had before. We got an amazing opportunity in April, 1989. We opened for The Legendary Pink Dots at Les Foufounes Electriques. We recruited a percussionist by the name of Klark and performed a 23 minutes improvised set to a packed house. Here is an excerpt of the first 5 minutes and 28 seconds. Beware, this is not easy listening! In this video, all the musical sounds are coming from my guitar and effects. David's keyboard is being used solely to trigger samples and noises.