« Home | Sophie Young » | Matt and the Darling Jakes » | Songwriting and Recording » | Cover Bands » | Adamtozoe » | ampground » | Stony » | ma » | Pain and Pleasure » | Spunky Q » 

DSI


Mario, who I had worked with in a Radiohead tribute band called Streetspirit, contacted me last spring about doing a show at his high school's grad. He wanted to play punk and alternative rock. I played bass, Paul (Darling Jakes) played guitar and Paul's friend Steve was on drums. Mario called the band DSI (it's a long story...) We had a great time. This spring, Mario wanted to reassemble the band and play a couple more shows. This time, I played guitar, Steve played bass and my brother was on drums. I asked Mario if he wanted to also play a show I was putting on in May. The show was the culmination of an eight week course I was giving to six kids, from the ages of eleven to fourteen, about playing in a rock band. The other DSI shows ended up falling through but we did play my "It Came From the Garage" show. It was a lot of fun.