« Home | LD Stand - LCC Talent show 1984 » 

These Hollow Men...


After the previous year's disaster, we decided to change things up a bit. The line up changed. My friend Bruce came on board along with Peter on keyboards and vocals and Tom on bass. Chris and I were the only ones that remained. Chris became our singer and Bruce took over the drums. We called ourselves These Hollow Men... 

When it came time for that year's talent show. We were ready! It went amazingly well. We played four songs: "I Melt With You" by Modern English, something we wrote called "Youth Say No", "Do It Clean" by Echo and the Bunnymen and "Louie, Louie" by the Kingsmen. It sounded a bit like a Beatles concert with all the girls screaming. I even smashed my guitar at the end! There were no pictures but we did record the entire show. You can listen to the first song here.